Sunday, August 19, 2007

My Train of Thought

To give you an idea of how my mind jumps from thought to thought... almost like rapid-fire... while driving to work Friday, an old James Taylor song came on the radio, "Your Smiling Face". It reminded me of when I was a little girl listening to my dad sing along to songs in the car. He loved James Taylor. Anyway, I jotted down the song title in my Blackberry so I could be sure to download it to my iPod when I got home. Once I got home, I browsed for the song and ran across another song that James Taylor sang with Cat Stevens, "Cat's in the Cradle". I remember growing up with Cat Stevens, too. (These guys were all born around the same year my dad was, 1949, so obviously you wouldn't hear them on the radio too much now.) In thinking about Cat Stevens, it reminded me of the reel-to-reels filled with music that my daddy used to listen to. Which then made me think of one of my earliest "music" memories... I was riding with my mom to her job and being sad that I had to go to the daycare... I had to have been only about 3 or 4 years old... when this song came on the radio:

It's "Eastbound and Down" by Jerry Reed.... OMG, it is the theme to the movie Smokey and the Bandit (circa 1977)! See what happens when my mind begins to wander back in time ;-)

2 comments:

Mom2HimMeme2Them said...

I know the feeling. You think of one thing and that leads to another than that thought leads to another, etc. Till you are on a thought and cannot remember what you were originally thinking.

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling also! I have lots of moments to where I find myself in another world. I tend to think about life itself, and think about moments I've lived in the past. Life is soo precious, and goes by way too fast.(for me anyway) Its kind of depressing.

Jill