Sunday, August 26, 2007

Good Weekend

This weekend has been pretty nice. WD, the kids and the dog all left yesterday morning to go camping, which left me to sleep late, leisurely get up and get my house cleaned. The cleaning house isn't fun, but having a clean house is very nice. I had a few girlfriends over Saturday night. We had a great time! Here's a few notes to my guests:
  • Jill - From Africa, huh?!
  • Angie - She had samples!!! Are you sure you're related to Jill?!? (just kidding... I absolutely love Jill... wish she were in my family)
  • Stacie - I told you I was a control freak; now I wonder if Darra is... if so I know what to get him for Christmas ;-)
  • Brooklyn - Now you know way too much about your brother... see how to get me to talk?!?
  • Karen - Your exes just don't know what they lost... well you know how to have fun without them ;-)
  • Adela - I got your e-mail... thank you for forgiving me... the party wouldn't have been the same without you.
So whose hosting the next party?!? We can include the guys next time and leave Sara and her "party favors" at home -OR- I can hook you up with Jerri (in my opinion she knows how to have a better party).

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

well this is my first comment, but i did have a great time. i am so glad that you finally called her or we would've giggled without her. Anyway the music was so appropriate! right Stacy?!? Everyone was great and well, the samples...ha ha! i thought it was funny that we had just talked about it and poor Angie was being laughed at. Hope everyone else had a good time. Thanks for having me over. You are a great hostess!!! Checking the local parking lots to see who is there! ha ha!

Anonymous said...

I think my favorite comment of the night was from Jill. When asked where she was from, she says "I'm from Africa." How did she do that with such a straight face? Adela - I think Paula called the radio station and told them to play appropriate songs for a fun party. They were so appropriate they made me break a wine glass and send 20 plastic forks a flyin' - dumbass!!
Anyway, it was a great group of women and a great time. Paula - you handled Sarah and her tardiness like a champ. You are a great hostess and Jill told me today that she will try and host a party next. I just hope we don't have to travel to Africa to attend it - haha!!

Stacie

Anonymous said...

I HAD A WONDERFUL NIGHT WITH THE GIRLS!!!!!! IT WAS SOOO FUN! I JUST LOVE BEING PART OF YOUR PAR-TAYS! I BELIEVE ANGIE ENJOYED IT TOO! I WILL HAVE A PARTY THE END OF DECEMBER. MY SISTER WILL BE DOWN FROM TEXAS. YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS FROM THE PAR-TAY ARE DEFINITELY ENVITED! IT WILL BE AT MY HOUSE, NOT AFRICA!

JILL

Brooklyn said...

IRA BE LATE

Paula D said...

U Be Late for what?

Anonymous said...

Brooke- remind yo sis-in-law where "Ira Be Late" came from!!!!!!
(ha, ha)
Hope to see you at my party I'll be giving in December!

Jill

Anonymous said...

I can't remember what Ira be late is either!?

Rod Stewart

Anonymous said...

shit!! I can't remember who slept with rod stewart!!!! Where were yall when all this happened??(Ira be late)

Jill

Paula D said...

I'm so confused. Rod Stewart?!? I can only remember by fantasy!

Anonymous said...

Just beat it, beat it!!

Ha-Ha,
Rod Stewart

Anonymous said...

hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who did Rod Stewart??????????

Jill