Friday, August 10, 2007

Meet the Teacher Day

In this terribly hot weather and terribly awful traffic, I left work early to go meet the teachers. Erin's at the middle school this year. We headed over there to get her schedule, peruse the campus and get her P.E. uniform. She's thrilled because she was chosen to be a library aide as her elective. She actually had to write a letter to the principal requesting the job. I checked out all of her teachers on the certification website (you can check your kids' teachers out here too if he/she is certified in LA). They all were certified in the area that they are teaching (doesn't mean everything, but hopefully they'll be excellent teachers). We headed over to Dylan's school to drop off his supplies and meet his teacher. He has a brand-new teacher fresh out of LSU. She reminds me a lot of his teacher last year, which was a wonderful thing. Another bonus is that she's teaching all subjects so he won't have to change classes. 2007-08 should be a great year for Erin and Dylan. I don't start classes until August 20th so I'll let you know how that goes then.

2 comments:

Mom2HimMeme2Them said...

Hey. Middle school is a totally different adventure for us parents. Do you remember a guy named Brett Sullivan? He is my sons LA History teacher this year. I cannot believe that. His guidance teacher for the past 2 years was Mrs. Cothern ( she was the 8th grade reading teacher at Northwestern Middle School). She was so sweet, has not changed. This year we are at a different jr high, so I do not know anyone else but Brett.

Paula D said...

Hmmm, I'll have to get the old yearbooks out and check out Brett Sullivan because I can't remember him.