Thursday, August 2, 2007

Beach Books (Destin Day 6)

Every year we've come to Destin with the family the hot vacation item has been the laptop... one year I think we counted 7 or 8 laptops in our condo. This year, it's the year of the "book". You look around and occassionally you'll see laptops out, but everyone is reading something this year. Here's our family reading list and who's reading what:

*WD and Brandi are reading
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
*Brett is reading The Quiet Game by Greg Iles
*Brooklyn is reading Dry by Augusten Burroughs
*Jamie is reading People Magazine
*Zach is reading The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson
*Mom Barbara is reading Master of the Game by Sidney Sheldon
*I'm reading Leota's Garden by Francine Rivers


"The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."
Dr. Suess

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Francine Rivers is one of my favorite authors. My favorite is "Redeming Love". "Leota's Garden" is next on my list.
Lisa J.

Paula D said...

Lisa,
"Redeeming Love" is absolutely my favorite book of all time! I still haven't finished "Leota's Garden" yet, but it is very good too... I just haven't had the time since we got back from vacation. Hope your school year is starting off great.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.