Wednesday, July 4, 2007

When will school start?

I can't wait for school to start back up in the fall. Not for Erin & Dylan, but for me. I finally took the initiative to apply for grad school. After many years of thinking about it, and after many encouraging words from WD, my sister-in-law Brandi and others, I applied. I have been accepted into Northwestern State University's graduate program for a master's in Educational Technology Leadership. I have always enjoyed technology and to be able to incorporate it into my career is totally fascinating. Since I will still be working full-time, I will only be taking 6 hours per semester. I know that when I was doing my undergrad work, I would take 21 to 24 hours during the fall & spring semesters, so maybe once I see how much work these courses will take me, I perhaps will be able to bump it up to 9 hours per semester. Either way, it looks like I'll be able to have the advanced degree within 3 years. I enjoy school so if this isn't too difficult (to work, be a mom, wife and student simultaneously), I may continue to take courses even after the master's degree. For now, I guess I better focus on getting starting. Go NSU Demons!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paula, your site looks great and I am enjoying reading it. Lisa J

Beth said...

Love the blog, Paula. And I wish you all the best in your school work!!