Saturday, July 7, 2007

Good Parents

As most of you know, we are selling the bikes. They both hit their reserve price today on Ebay and will be sold as of 4:00 tomorrow. It is really exciting to sell them within a week, but a little sad to such beautiful machines go. Dad Roddy has been keeping an eye on the bidding along with us. He and Mom Barbara were going out this evening so he asked WD to call him if the bikes hit reserve prices. When WD called him on his cell to give him the news, they were in a restaurant eating supper. The whole restaurant probably heard him holler when WD told him!
A little while after WD got off the phone, I was standing in the kitchen making homemade salsa thinking about Dad's reaction. It just amazes me how wonderful Dad and Mom are as parents (and grandparents)! You see, when good things happen to me and WD, both Mom and Dad are our biggest cheering section. They are truly happy, excited, sympathetic, mournful or whatever the situation calls for when things happen to us. I had to mention my observance of Dad (his true excited-ness for us) to WD. I told him, "I only pray that I am that involved and truly caring about Erin and Dylan when they become adults and have their own lives." WD noted that we would have to position ourselves to be this way... it doesn't just happen. I commented that I thought that what he said was true, but that I also feel like that it is just a part of who Mom and Dad are as parents and people!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Paula - thanks so much for being "Mom" to the Crawford boys today. I was totally at ease and did not worry about them at all. I just kept thinking about how much fun they were having all together. How did your salsa turn out? It's two cans of delmonte stewed tomatoes - mexican recipe - instead of just one. Did you put two?

Blog on,
Stacie

Paula D said...

I only used one can b/c the written recipe you gave me said one. It turned out yummy! Your boys were precious. You can send them to my house anytime!

Anonymous said...

Maybe I dreamed up two cans - no telling.