Monday, July 9, 2007

Bikes are SOLD!

The bikes sold on EBay. Mine sold to a girl from Michigan (she's driving down next week) and WD's went to a guy from Fort Worth, Texas (he'll be here Saturday). I am very excited about the income it brought in so that we could work towards our goal of debt-free living, but I'm a little sad to see them go. In an effort to be positive here are some cool things about parting with our "toys":
  • immediate "extra" income to pay off debts
  • no more hours of detailing with chrome polish
  • no more motorcycle insurance
  • no more worries that WD's going to crash (although I'm the only one of the two of us who ever crashed ;-)
  • no more stressing over kids in the garage hanging around them
  • get to park my car in the garage again
  • lots more room in storage area (front of garage) because all the bike gear will be gone
  • no more guilt of having something sit that we aren't using

I am already dreaming of what my next bike will look like, but until then, I can breathe easier with less "stuff" and the extra income.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on getting rid of those things!!! Paula and Wayne, thanks a bunch again for the wonderful party yall gave! We both had a blast!

Jill & Irvin

Paula D said...

Thanks Jill & Irvin! We love having you over... come anytime ;-)