Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Remembering Daddy

Well today makes 4 years since my daddy passed away. I am not one to commemorate death; I have never even visited my dad's gravesite since he passed away, but I think about him quite often. Just the other day I was telling the kids that their job was to go to school. Where did I hear that before...I remember daddy telling me that "School is your job; make sure that you do your very best... that's all I expect."


The photo here is my daddy, Glen, celebrating his last Christmas at our house. He wasn't a "drinking" man, but notice his Diet Coke that never was far out of reach ;-)


3 comments:

Mom2HimMeme2Them said...

I am sorry that I was not in touch when he passed. Lynn told me about it afterwards.
Time is the only thing that can heal our pain.
I find myself thinking about my love ones that have passed alot when it comes close to holidays, b-days, or their passing day.

Anonymous said...

PAULA- IT TAKES A STRONGPERSON TO PULL THROUGH A SITUATION LIKE THAT.(DEATH) I CAN'T IMAGINE MY DAD NOT BEING HERE. WHEN MY MAW MAW BIT DIED, I THINK GOD HAD PREPARED ME FOR IT. SHE WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR ABOUT A MONTH AND A HALF. BEFORE SHE GOT SICK, I COULDN'T IMAGINE LIFE WITHOUT HER. THEN SHE GOT SICK, AND A FEW HOURS BEFORE SHE DIED, I BROKE DOWN IN HER HOSPITAL ROOM.(ICU)AT THE FUNERAL, I HARDLY SHEDDED A TEAR. GOD WAS DEFINITELY THERE FOR ME. HE MADE ME STRONG. I THINK ABOUT HER EVERY DAY THAT PASSES.

JILL

Ian said...

Paula:

That was a nice post, I am sure your Dad is pleased to know that he remains an important part of your life.

Enjoy the weekend.

Ian