Sunday, September 27, 2009

I've Got a Great Life...

     As I look around at the world, I see so many people hurting & struggling in life. It makes me feel guilty when I dare start to complain or become negative about the minute little details in my life that are sooooo obscure & non-essential. Yes, I have bad days (hell, I'd say I've even had bad years), but I am blessed.  To combat whininess/pessimism, I've decided to list the great things about my recent days...
  • WD - he's such a hard worker, fantastic "daddy", & most excellent husband. He's handy around the house, intelligent & is very, very tolerate of my shortcomings.
  • Erin- she's such a beautifully tender-hearted person who is so responsible & smart (which is difficult to handle sometimes when I do dumb things or am irresponsible :-)
  • Dylan - he's definitely one of my life's "joys"... he makes me smile/laugh daily.  Dylan is God's way of reminding me that I am not a perfect parent... I need to rely on him to raise this boy.
  • I have some of the greatest friends in the whole world. My scrapping "sisters", the "Eastside" gang, coworkers, and believe it or not, family members who are the best friends a person could have.
  • I get to earn an education beyond what I ever thought possible (yeah... graduation in December!).
  • I have a job that makes me feel valuable (& I get to earn a paycheck while trying to help people find jobs & prepare to become teachers which in turn will change the world!).
  • My home, although it needs a little work here & there, is lovely & comfortable.  I just finished getting the furniture for the scrapbooking/office room.
  • My mother-in-law & I were able to hang out together at Corks n Canvas for a fun time together this past week (checkout photos on FB). How did I get so lucky to have such a fabulous mother-in-law?!? 
  • I get to enjoy a hobby that will leave a legacy for my children & grandchildren... I love to scrapbook!
  • We are going on vacation for 11 days at the end of November... NYC a few days, then onto a cruise ship to cruise down to the Bahamas for a couple of days, then over to Port Canaveral for Thanksgiving in Universal Studios, & then cruising back up to NYC. I get NYC (Broadway show, sightseeing, shopping, exploring new places), cruise ship (entertainment, sleeping/reading while laying back in a deck chair, eating great foods), Bahamas (tropical paradise... what more can I say), & Thanksgiving with kids & WD in a new place...Universal Studios!
  • My PT Cruiser is still kicking! I have no car note & although it's not the peppiest or classiest of rides, it has been reliable & affordable (gas & insurance are cheap)!
  • I am keeping up with school work, kids' activities, making it to the gym everyday, plus I was able to get to the all day crop with my "girls" & take Erin & her friend to the movie all this weekend!
Guess I better get a shower now (hot water at the tips of my fingers & fabulous smelling body soaps to choose from), pack my work out bag (comfy work out shoes along with multiple options for workout attire), pack my lunch (selections from a full pantry with all the good foods I like), & climb into my bed (king-size with fluffy pillows/comforter) to go nighty-night so that I can start my wonderful life all over again tomorrow!  I'm not bragging.  I'm just grateful... after all, I give thanks to God, because without Him, none of it would be possible!

2 comments:

Stacie Crawford said...

Awesome!!!!!

Donna said...

AMEN!!! God is so great! We really don't appreciate how wonderful and blessed our lives are. Thanks for the reminder. Sure was great to see you at the crop this weekend.