Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ghost

Upon hearing about Patrick Swayze's death, I thought immediately of one of his best movies ever... Ghost!  I made plans to rent the movie as soon as possible.  I stopped by Blockbuster to rent it, only to find that the shelf had a "special" movie box that redirected me to a special section in the store. Blockbuster set up an end cap display of many of Patrick Swayze's movies. I sat totally engrossed watching the whole movie from beginning to end (plus watched the bonus features on the DVD), quoting lines from the movie as they came up like... "Ditto", "Molly, you in danger GIRL", and many of the other lines in the movie that made me laugh out loud (Whoopi played Oda Mae brilliantly!) & tear up with compassion. I loved the movie so much when it came out, I attempted to pull off the short haircut Demi Moore worn as "Molly" in the movie. I just didn't have the features of Demi to wear the short boy cut, but she sure made me want to be her... maybe it was the "love story" that I wanted when I was so very young! Yep, Patrick Swayze playing Sam Wheat was just wonderful... his character was all a girl could want... honest, handsome, passionate, caring, protective, and did I mention handsome?!? If you haven't seen Ghost, you must see it... call me & I'll come watch it with you! If you have seen it, watch it again just for the fun of it!

1 comment:

Donna said...

I loved that movie!! I also loved Dirty Dancing....I know, it's cheesy but it came out during my youthful, formative years! I was sad to hear that he passed away. I need to watch those movies again soon in his honor.