Monday, September 7, 2009

Gulf Shores Beach Trip

It was definitely the quickest vacation I've ever had (Friday night to Monday morning)! We did our annual Boudreaux beach trip in Gulf Shores, AL this year. The location was absolutely perfect; a huge, well-layed out beach house that comfortably slept all 19 of us! My dear mother-in-law always arranges the bedroom assignments, rotating us from the good rooms to the best rooms year-to-year. This year WD & I were blessed with the master suite. It was wonderful... huge king-sized bed, a sitting area where Erin & Dylan camped out, a closet big enough to serve as another bedroom, and a bathroom with jacuzzi corner tub (which I never got to test out) & the best part of all... a huge walk-in shower with shower heads on two sides. Our room had three gigantic sliding windows that faced the beach & opened to a balcony that ran the length of the house. It was almost paradise except we had okay weather one day & dreary/rainy weather the next.

The beach was lovely. We set up all of our tents, chairs, ice chests, & beach toys for a grand family outing. The kiddos got sunburned the first day, I cut the inside of my leg up on barnacle covered pipe, & it was cool/rainy the second day, but all-in-all it was a great time. Anytime on the beach is better than being at work!

Here are a few photos I was able to catch on my camera... I'm sure my mother-in-law got better ones... I'll try to post those later!

Dylan in the surf...

Cousins digging a hole... Erin, Titus, Caden, & Zann...Mom Barbara & WD chilling in the beach chairs under the tent...Dad Roddy discovering "treasure" in the surf...Erin, Zann, & Caden stomping out their "Shell Town" masterpiece (sand castles)...I was brave enough to do a bikini in front of the family (slowly gaining my confidence... hopefully by next year I'll have lost the last 20 pounds!)...My sweet sister-in-law, Sherry helping the kids gather shells for their collections... Now I can't wait till next year!!!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Sorry to hear the weather didn't cooperate. It's still so nice to get away. BTW....you look hot in that bikini girl!!!! Way to go!

Stacie Crawford said...

Yep, Donna is right. You look hot. Go you!!!