Sunday, October 4, 2009

Martha Jane Murray Cutrer (1930-2009)

This weekend was very long. WD's grandmother passed away.  She was known to us as "MawMaw Cutrer". Although we didn't have a deep relationship with Mawmaw (she was Mom Aleta's mother), watching other family members grieve the loss was emotionally draining.  I pray for each of them now... may God grant peace & joy in knowing that one day we will be reunited with Mawmaw in Heaven. I know that this temporary season of grieving will fade away to an eternal hope.

Mawmaw was obviously a caring & compassionate woman... she raised her own children & then even raised a couple of her grandsons, too.  The thing I recall most about her were her yearly Christmas cards.  She would send Dylan & Erin their own card every year which would just thrill them (they loved getting mail addressed specifically to them). I'm thankful for having known her & hope her legacy makes a sustainable impact on her children & grandchildren. You can read her obituary here.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

My prayers are for you, WD and your families! May they find peace in the wonderful memories she left them.

Donna said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I'll keep your family in my prayers. Cherish the memories.