Monday, October 1, 2007

Visited my old Alma Mater

I had to do an assignment for one of my classes today. I was charged with having to visit a school district, diagram out their network, and chat up the network administrator. After thinking about some of the places where I taught school, I ditched all of those ideas, and decided to call up the district office in Zachary. I was connected with a really personable girl, Adonica, who serves as the district's webmaster. The district's network administrator is Joe, who also was full of techie info. I drove out to Zachary... boy that brought back memories. I grew up out there in the "plains" and graduated from ZHS. Zachary High School ended up being the campus that Joe and Adonica took me to so that I could diagram the network. Very cool walking through campus although it looks quite different from when I walked those halls. We ended up in the library where I got the details of the network and when walking out was amazed that the very same librarian, Ms. Mills was still there. She was busy with students so I didn't interrupt, but that brought back lots of memories too. It was a great place when I was a student there and it still looks like a wonderful place even today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that we will love ya no matter where you live. And you know I'm not lying. You all so deserve all the blessings God is giving you. I just wanted to comment since I hardly get comments on my web
(boo hoo! others get lots from my hmrm) and I was so sad, so I decided to give some hugs with comment love!!!!:) BFF!!!ha ha!!

Dela