Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Moody Maybe?

Before I even left the office today, both Erin and Dylan called me a number of times... one time to let me know they were home safe... one time to ask homework questions... one time to tattle on the other... one time to give me an update on the dog... one time to ask what chores they could do (so that I'll pay them!)... I can assure you this is not typical or I'd pull all my hair out. It's normally one call to let me know they are home. Somedays it's this way though... and I want to throw my phone out of the window. It's ironic how many times these days coincide with many other dictates in life that demand attention... like today I had a flat tire to get fixed. By the time I got home, I just wanted to "chill". I stood in the kitchen after greeting the kids, only to listen to Dylan incessently go on and on. I remember a time I couldn't wait for him to speak... and now (only sometimes) I can't wait for him to "hush". I think I even told him to "get to the point" today. Moody maybe? Or perhaps I just need a time of "silence"? I'm about to enjoy just that... I'm going to put both my little sweethearts to bed and I think I may sit... no T.V., no computer, no telephone and just enjoy the silence ;-)

3 comments:

Brooklyn said...

You should work with my clients for a day! After working with kids Caden's age who are severely disordered in articulation and language, I feel so lucky that he can communicate clearly!

Anonymous said...

Hey Paula - Brooklyn certainly puts it into perspective but I certainly had days like you have had. Hopefully you were able to unwind in silence for a while. Today is a new day! Enjoy!

Stacie

Paula D said...

I am very lucky, but would lend him out anytime anyone needs an earful... maybe he'll become a politican...or maybe a lawyer!