Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's a Double-Diet-DP Kind of Day...

Y'all know my obsession with Sonic's Diet Dr. Peppers!  I don't drink coffee (wish I did, but I just can't "acquire" that taste), so my caffeine of choice is DDP. Sonic's is the best of course because of the crunchy, perfectly engineered ice, the styro-foam cup (so sorry to my eco-loving friends/fam), and the perfectly sized red straw (which serves to get the refreshing goodness to my lips in just the right amount as well as a chew stick in meetings where I know I could say something, but with better judgement I keep my mouth/teeth busy on the straw).  Today was no different... I stopped by Sonic for my morning fix... the difference was that I didn't go by the Sonic nearest my house (where they know my name), but by another location since I was going to work from a different direction.  I ordered the "Route 44" instead of the "Large" and I requested extra ice since the day before a long holiday weekend is typically a looooong day at the office.  When the car hop delivered my order, there was so much ice that the top was bulging and after only 4 sips, the DDP was gone! I hadn't packed an extra can of DDP in my lunch bag, so what was I to do?!? Well, I made a second stop on my way to work (I'm glad I left for work early)... by Chick-fil-A... another one of my "loves". They sell the best chicken biscuits (which I've blogged about when I was totally addicted to them a couple of years ago) and of course DDP.  So I ordered a large DDP-no ice.  While sitting in the parking garage at work, I carefully emptied some of the Sonic ice from my cup, and poured in the DDP from Chick-fil-A... now I'm ready for my day!

No comments: