Monday, January 3, 2011

Closest Thing to a Journal for Me...

Just like every New Year's there's always talk of self-improvement everywhere you look. Most resolutions I've noted have to do with self-discipline & motivation.  Some "experts" believe that journaling will help you keep track of life, your goals & aspirations, as well as staying disciplined & motivated. I have to admit, that the idea of taking pen-to-paper seems too much like an assignment or chore, so I reflect in other ways.  Isn't that the purpose of journaling?!?  Most of you know my love for technology, so of course this blog is an excellent way to "reflect" and is much more enjoyable in terms of journaling.  After all, I can type twice as quickly as I can hand-write!  I also keep another "journal" of sorts on the web... that's my food/exercise diary (as most of you already know, I've used it for two years now & can't imagine life without it).  Accessing my "journals" through the computer and/or my iPhone makes them very convenient & much easier to stay committed to than a paper diary/journal.  Some experts even believe that journaling reduces stress... well I don't want to bore my readers with the "stressful" things in my life, so I'll stick to my work-outs for stress-relieving benefits!

I love reading the Pioneer Woman's blog... she's one witty lady! In case one of your resolutions is to start blogging/journaling, here are her entertainingly put tips...
  1. Be Yourself
  2. Blog Often
  3. Be Varied
  4. Exercise More
  5. Allow Your Boundaries to Set Themselves Naturally
  6. Bring Back Retro Phrases like "Hanky Panky"
  7. Don't Be Afraid to Embarrass Yourself
  8. Try Your Best to Spell Words Correctly & Use Proper Grammar
  9. If You Have Writer's Block, Push Through & Blog Anyway
  10. Value Every Person Who Takes Time Out of Their Day to Stop By Your Blog
To read them all in their entirety with her witty commentary, go to her blog here:  http://thepioneerwoman.com/blog/2010/09/ten-important-things-ive-learned-about-blogging/

No comments: