Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend with Hubby...

After working out of town most of this past week, I set aside the entire weekend to be with WD.  It's unusual for us to be off 4 days in a row together! We started the weekend off Friday by dropping Dylan off with the scouts for an adventure trip to Pensacola, FL... one kid gone... one teen to go... Erin typically runs with her second set of siblings... the Butlers, but this weekend she stayed with Alexis so that they could go to a surprise party for another girlfried.  So the kids were occupied in someone else's care so on to the fun for me & WD.  Friday night... drinks at Perkins Rowe Wine Loft while waiting for a table at Kona Grill.  Absolutely yummy meal at Kona Grill... I don't typically like sushi, but with more and more places using cucumber on the outside instead of rice, I'm becoming a fan! We also shared an entree of beef medallions with grilled brocollitini (sp?) & Kona's mashed potatoes from heaven. Then it was over to the theater for a movie. I was looking forward to a crazy comedy (with the help of a pre-show martini), but "The Dilemma" was far from a comedy.  At least my date was interesting!

Saturday morning I taught Jazzercise, plus WD & I ran a few miles and biked quite a few miles in preparation for some real "blowing it out" with the neighbors.  We were celebrating quite a few things... Nora's b-day, David's divorce, David's brother & sister-in-law's anniversary, and my pre-birthday! Coyote Blues (of course I got the corn, crab, & poblano soup which is creamy, delicious, sin along with a sangriarita) got the evening started for our group of about 14. Next was a comedy show at the Funny Bone featuring Jen Kober... she was out-of-the-box hysterically funny!  Thanks to Nora for being such a great topic for Jen to pick on :-)  She was a great sport about being a "Skinny B----"! We danced off some of the calories at the comedy club, but it wasn't enough for this group... so we headed to the Station... I'd never been & never even heard of it, but apparently it's been around for years.  It was great with a live band which appealed to the wide variety of partiers that were there.  It was a great time with great friends!

Next weekend WD works, so I'm off to enjoy scrapbooking with girlfriends in Lake Charles.  I just LOVE the weekends!!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

glad the two of you got to spend some quality time together. now on to this coming weekend with a group of crazy scrappers.