Friday, January 7, 2011

Being Off...

Working 9 hour days at the office is hard sometimes, but I soooooo love the every other Friday I get to be off of work.  It's really neat to be off of work when most others are working because I can get so much done, plus Thursday nights can be so much more fun, too.  Today for example, I slept till 8a.m., and then got up & attended a Jazzercise class (so much fun to be a participant from time-to-time rather than the instructor who has to worry about executing all the moves with precision, cueing, & safety).  After class, I put the top down on the car (yes, it was sunny & warmer, thank God) and stopped in at Sonic for a Diet Dr Pepper while I enjoyed the sunshine.  I sat for the first time all week without being in a rush and played a few plays with Words with Friends and Chess with Friends on my iPhone.  Next up was to get my car cleaned... it's been raining on and off all week, so it really was in bad shape.  It's all spic and span now.  I was able to run home for a relaxing shower & leisurely get dressed.  Lunched on sandwich while catching up on some DVR'd shows.  Now I have all of the rest of today to do with as I wish.  Kids are still in school :-)  Think I'm heading to the mall & to complete a few errands.  Of course I don't work tomorrow so there's no rush in getting home & to bed; plus the Tigers are playing tonight!  It's a great schedule although I only get to enjoy it every other Friday!

No comments: