Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Gingerbread House Recall?!?


Ok... so most of you who are friends of mine on FB know about the Davis Gingerbread Village that Erin & Dylan constructed on Christmas Eve... cute, very cute actually, until Chewee gobbled up one of the houses.  It frustrated me that our dog had the nerve to sneak up onto one of the dining room chairs where he can grab whatever he wishes off the table.  He would never, ever do this with one of us watching him, but if no one is looking... well whatever treat is on the tabletop is history! He's just too sneaky for a dog!  So he nabs the little cottage closest to the table's edge... keep in mind I didn't actually witness this action, but by the looks of the crumbs that were left back behind my wingback chair in the living room, we know he's guilty (that's where he always runs to eat any treat or even his monthly heartworm pill... somewhat of a "closet eater" I suppose).  He didn't even get sick or an upset stomach which I wished upon him.  Crazy dog!!!

Anyway, fast forward about 4 days... I'm sitting at work & I get a news alert from WAFB (if you don't have the GoWAFB app on your phone, you need to get it... it's the best way to get the latest news).  The news flash that popped up on my phone reads, "Gingerbread house recall affects Louisiana".

My first thought... how the hell does a gingerbread house recall make newsworthy news alert status?!? And my second thought... what causes a gingerbread house to be recalled (who actually eats them anyway)?!?  Then of course my third thought (keep in mind these thoughts flashed quickly through my brain)... OMG, Chewee ate the gingerbread cottage!!! The news alert stated that some of the gingerbread houses sold in Louisiana had possible staph poisoning. Good news though, it's only for gingerbread houses sold by Whole Foods... we bought our kit at Wal-mart.  I suppose revenge will not be played out on little Chewee after all... guess I'll just have to more closely watch his sneaky canine-self!!!

No comments: