Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Cheer

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know it's been over 6 months since I've blogged!  I was so committed when life was a bit slower, but I'm living in 5th gear right now... and loving it :-)  The only real way to keep up with me is through FB... which I can quickly update via my iPhone, but I do miss blogging.  My friend, Heather, is the blogging queen right now!  She has motivated me to try this blogging thing more regularly even though life is busy.  Well it's not much, but here are a couple of fun things I enjoy about Christmas:

  • The movie, "Elf" (I've watched it four times this season already... by "watch it" I mean I multi-task while it's playing in the background.  Me & the kids just love it... I even bought the soundtrack from iTunes the other night!  Fave song of the movie is of course, "Baby It's Cold Outside!", which I also used to make my ringtone for the season :-)
  • Finding the PERFECT gift for those I love!  I'm so excited about having Christmas with my inlaws Saturday because I feel like I found the perfect thing for them!  Can't tell you now, but I'll share after Christmas.  Of course buying for Wayne is expensive, but I think he'll give Santa a great big kiss on the mouth this year!!!  I can't wait.
  • Cutting myself a little slack & enjoying a few of the rich, decadent, holiday foods/drinks... yeah, when I teach two Jazzercise classes a day or one class & run for 4 miles, I go ahead and enjoy those foods/drinks on the "naughty" list!  I had 1/2 cinnamon sugar funnel cake & cup of hot chocolate the other night while walking along the river in Natchitoches looking at the lights.  YUMMY!!!
  • Christmas lights... I love the way they twinkle and add such a warm feeling to a dark winter season.  I hate winter and I hate cold weather (I think I suffer with a bit of seasonal depression or I'm totally addicted to the sun/heat), so the lights make me "happy". 
Well these are a few of my favorite "Christmas" things!  I'll think of something more
important to blog about next time, but for now, this is all I've got :-)

No comments: