Monday, June 29, 2009

My "Baby" Turns 10!

In celebration of Dylan's 10th birthday, we held a swimming party at the house in his honor. He enjoyed lots of friends, cookie cake, presents (the boy racked up on the cash!), and more. Me & WD bought him the iPod Touch which he has quickly mastered. The party was a success even in the 100+ degree weather! We even had a little excitement when the neighbor drove his riding lawn mower into the lake... like good neighbors all the dads at the party helped rescue the lawn mower by wading into the water (jeans, party clothes, no matter). The party was very enjoyable for all! I'm so amazed at how quickly time has past. I guess Dylan's no "baby" anymore!(Wayne, Blane, & Rhett soaking wet, walking back to the party after rescuing neighbor.)
(Sweat rings on the shirt is a good indication of just how hot it was outside; I know, "Ugh that's yucky!" but the good news is that we all were sweating so it didn't matter ;-)

1 comment:

Teri said...

Well I am feeling the same way about my baby growing up. Madilyn turned 9 last Friday. I have no idea where the past 9 years went. I need to slow down and enjoy the few years I have left before the teenage years hit.