Friday, June 26, 2009

Idina Menzel

I suppose everyone knows my absolute love of music? Well today, further confirmed it. After stepping it up & working it out at a morning Jazzercise session this morning, the instructor had the group do a cool-down routine to an absolutely beautiful song. I've discovered another very talented musical artist by the name of Idina Menzel. I figured out who she was in a roundabout way, though. After the cool-down, I asked a fellow "jazzerciser" if they knew the name of the song. It's called "Hope". I didn't think to ask who the artist was... I was just going to use my iPhone to search for it in iTunes. I had no luck with that... there are a ton of songs called, "Hope"... some are spiritual/gospel as to be expected... I even ran across an atrocious rap song called "Hope"... I couldn't give up though. I googled "Jazzercise", thinking perhaps they would have a work-out video with the song on it. When I got to the site I found a cool listing of all the current songs used for workout routines at all Jazzercise locations. That's where I found it! I used the artist's name to search in iTunes, and voila'! Listen to the song by clicking the play arrow on the player below. Now to find other songs from Idina Menzel to enjoy. She's apparently in the Broadway hit, "Wicked", too. If ever in NYC, I'll be sure to get a ticket to the show so that I can experience this talent in real life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI, Idina Menzel hasn't been in Wicked for years. She did Wicked for over a year when it opened in 2003, then opened Wicked in London but hasn't gone back to the show (or to Broadway) for a while. More recently she's been working on her own music and did a number of concerts to promote her new CD 'I Stand'.

Which is not to say you shouldn't watch Wicked. Still a good show to catch.

Anonymous said...

Hope is such a beautiful song. She recorded it for the "Stand Up for Cancer" campaign. You can also hear her on the new "Chess live in Concert" CD. She is very talented Singer/Songwriter.

Anonymous said...

If you haven't already, make sure you check out her website idina.com, as well as idina-here.com. I'd also recommend her older stuff (she's done 3 solo cds). Its a different sound but she's an excellent songwriter.