Sunday, June 8, 2008

Thumbs Down for Zohan Movie


Ok... I'm known for despising slap-stick, vulgar, collegiate, no-brainer comedies. I have tried and tried to "get" them, but I think I am finally giving up. From "40 Year Old Virgin" to "Knocked Up" to "Talladego Nights" to "Wedding Crashers" to "Mr. Woodcock"... I have attempted to be a good sport with an open mind and watch these senseless (and most of the time uncomfortably perverted) movies. I have decided that I have watched the last one.


WD and I planned a fun Saturday night out without the kids. We jetted over to Texas Roadhouse for a couple of steaks, then headed to the movies. I suggested the new Adam Sandler movie "You Don't Mess with the Zohan". I had seen the previews and knew that it would be one that WD would be thrilled to see. I was giving this comedy thing another shot. The whole movie ended up being about his outrageously huge cock and how he used it like superhuman powers. Give me a break... the funniest thing about this movie were the plugs for Mariah Carey. The racism was rampant, too. In no other realm would society stand for the out right racist remarks and slurs about foreigners. Oh well... I least I can say I tried... again. WD will just have to rent them or plan a Guys-Night-Out to see them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would like to add that I did not enjoy this movie. This was not my idea, I was grateful that Paula wanted to see a comedy but this is the type that I usually don't go to see. I wouldn't waste my time or money to see this movie.