Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Back-to-School "Gadget"

Classes officially resumed for the Spring 2008 semester on Monday. I have gotten a "slow" start compared to last semester... lots of stuff going on from work projects to prepping for Erin's dance competition season. I logged in to my classes and got started tonight while my DVR played an old Oprah episode in the background. Then something caught my eye on TV:
Oprah was highlighting (no pun intended) items that she thought were innovative. She had a shoe designer, Cold Stone Creamery, Carmex, and a product designer from 3M who works specifically for "Post-its" on the show. Post-it has come out with the 3M Post-it Flag Highlighter! Basically it's a highlighter built with a little flag dispenser on the side! I will have to make a stop by Office Depot to pick up a few of these for this semester! Especially since my book expense for two online classes has now topped $170... I'll make sure to really mark up those textbooks with notes, highlights, and flags!

3 comments:

Mom2HimMeme2Them said...

Oh I know the feeling about books. Just for one class the book was $ 204.38. I have 5 classes total this semester. I went online to find some of the them.
I just cannot believe the prices of books.
What classes are you taking?

Paula D said...

Steep prices for sure... maybe we are in the wrong business! I am taking EDCI 5020 Curriculum Development and ETEC 5710 Professional Development for K-12 Technology Integration. I had entertained the idea of taking 9 hours, but 6 is all I can really manage while working full-time and doing things with the kids. What about you... what are you taking?

Paula D said...

Who-who!!! I just got a set of these from my sweetheart of a mother-in-law! She was in Office Depot and spotted one last pack and picked them up for me! Bring on those assignments... I'll have 'em whipped with these handy-dandy highlighter/flag sets!