Monday, July 21, 2008

Great Summer Vacation


We ended up having a wonderful time in Destin with all of Erin & Dylan's cousins. The water wasn't as pretty as it had been in the past (they were experiencing something called "June Grass", which basically was heavy seaweed along the beach), but it didn't seem to hinder the kids and it even added some humor to the water fun (see WD's newest fashion statement... yes, that is a seaweed mustache!) I think my favorite part of the trip was getting up whenever I felt like it, enjoying Dad & Mom's delicious breakfast, and wearing no make-up. WD and I celebrated our 15th anniversary while in Destin. We left the kiddos at the condo with Granny & Pawpaw while we went to eat fondue at the Melting Pot then went shopping at the outlet mall. WD finally found some really nice and fashionable shoes while I found the perfect set of earphones for my i-Pod. Only a couple of rainstorms, but that didn't dampen our fun. We ended up playing Spades and a boardgame called "Apples to Apples". We had a wonderful time and I can't wait until our trip next year!

No comments: