Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Oh how full I am! I suppose I could go at least the next week without eating a morsel after all the wonderful foods I indulged in during the Thanksgiving holidays. Fried turkey, sweet potato casserole, breads, pies, dressing, honey-baked ham, baked spaghetti, and the list goes on and on. The most unusual dish that I enjoyed was a pineapple cheese casserole that my sister-in-law cooked up. It was so sweet that it could have subbed in for dessert... yummy! I did manage to avoid the Black Friday crowds Friday morning, but WD and I strolled the mall Friday evening after most of the crowds thinned. We also started the Christmas decorating, which truthfully I had been dreading. Once WD got the kids excited about setting up our Fontanini nativity collection, I couldn't help but to catch a glimmer of the holiday spirit. WD, Erin, and Dylan got me motivated to struggle through the mazes of lights and garland as well. It's all coming together to look more like Christmas around our house.

No comments: