Saturday, August 22, 2009

Art, Art, Art

I've had a rather artistic-rich life lately! It's been great. Scrapping with friends at Scrappin' on the River, and Scrapbook & Company's 3rd Anniversary Crop & then stealing away to Corks 'n Canvas to paint with other friends are some of my most recent artistic highlights! Check out my latest creations: Portraits have always been intimidating to me to scrapbook, but I finally got a couple of Erin's dance portraits on a page. Just love those stickles & Hambly transparency!

The Spongebob character & title were pieces cut using the cricut. It took hours to piece it all together, but it made for a fabulous "theme" for this page featuring pics of WD on the beach with his seaweed mustache!
I don't crop in chronological order so I was able to pull out these old photos of Erin & a neighborhood friend from 2006.

I don't typically get to use "pink" in my son's scrapbook, but because he snatched Erin's blanket for his "back up bedroom" during Hurricane Gustav, I was able to use pink on this layout because of the pink blanket in the photos!
Getting a chance to paint a really cool painting at Corks 'n Canvas was a new challenge & treat. Friday night's theme was "Eye of the Tiger". They provided a canvas with a pencil outline, paints, brushes, smocks, instruction, & a very fun atmosphere. Take a look at my painting in the beginning stage & then final stage.
Jennifer joined me on this new experience. Thanks to Karen, Stacy, Felicity, & Felicity's family for allowing us to join them for this night of artsy fun! Who is up for planning another scrapping or painting event?!?

3 comments:

Karen said...

I'm ready. Friday night was so much fun. I can't wait to go again. Have a great week.

Teri said...

It looks like you all had a blast. Hopefully I will be able to go next time.

Heatherbell said...

I just did Corks and Canvas too! It was a blast. Love Erin's layout - very pretty! Can't wait till the Chicks!