Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Christmas Tree Shopping

Last year our pre-lit, fiber-optic tree which we've had for probably 5 years finally had it. The lights stopped working, the fiber-optic box melted, and the tree limbs themselves sagged. Today I headed to Hobby Lobby with my 40% off coupon to shop for a tree. Since I was getting a new one, I wanted to upgrade to a taller one since we've never had one touch the ceiling in our current home. Well I was bowled over by how expensive they were! I found 9 foot trees which will be the right height but they were between $470 & $560. I think I even saw one that was over $700! All said, I found a beautiful tree and saved a bundle with my coupon making it more affordable. As soon as I get it set up and decorated, I'll try to post a photo here.

No comments: