Monday, August 25, 2008

School Starts Again

I'm gearing up for another semester of school. I love school, but I'm actually worn out lately. I think my summer classes nearly killed me (although I proudly earned two A's), so hopefully this semester will be more enjoyable.
I got Erin & Dylan back into school... I can't believe she's in 7th grade and he's in 4th! I have to brag on Erin... she just brought home a note that asked for a parent to be at the school Thursday to stand in with her for a picture for the newspaper. She is some sort of school representative for the PBS program. No, it's not our old Parkview Baptist School acronym, but I believe it stands for Positive Behavior Support. It's a motivational behavior plan that seems to be very effective. The kids earn "bucks" when they are caught doing something good. These bucks are used to buy fun and unusual rewards. I wish I had used this type of behavior management program when I was in the classroom!

No comments: