Thursday, August 21, 2008

Medical Update & a Little Humor, Too

So sorry it's been a while since I've posted... many of my great friends and family have been emailing or calling me for a medical update. Not much has changed, but I'm alive and kicking ;-)
We went to cardiologist's office to spend over 4 hours while they ran various tests. Did the TTT and fainted about 20 minutes into it. My blood pressure plummeted, so they laid me down and got my vitals stable. Then they put me on a treadmill (topless I might add... I know that's a hilarious vision in your mind... my massive "girls" bouncing around the multi-wire leash they had me hooked up to while I briskly walked on the treadmill. Talk about self-conscious!). Anyway, they did an ultrasound on my heart and found nothing wrong with it. Surprise, surprise... the cardiologist doesn't know anything either. He suspects some medicines that the other doctors had me on may be the culprit of my bizarre symptoms. He ordered me off the medications and onto a handful of vitamins and daily exercise. I'm walking everyday around the top 3 floors of my office building, but I don't last too long until I get the lightheadedness/faint feeling. I'm still going to do it.... my philosophy is if simply walking causes my symptoms then I am going to walk until the symptoms are severe enough to incapacitate me. Thanks for all the prayers, calls, & emails. I'll try to post more often... and hopefully about a brighter subject than my health! Here's a funny picture for you... I cracked up laughing (I can hear WD now, "It doesn't take much does it?"):

No comments: