Monday, March 3, 2008

Ricky Rama

It's so excited... some of our neighbors/friends, Stephanie and Tanner, are in the Phillipines right this moment picking up their newest family member, Ricky! He's a little boy about Dylan's age who has been in foster care. The adoption agency didn't even know his birthday! They had to estimate his age. You just have to check out their blog as they progress through their trip. It's www.rickyrama.blogspot.com. To be honest, I am selfishly excited about the possibility that my children will get to enjoy a new friend with such diverse culture. People from other lands totally fascinate me, and so I hope and pray Ricky feels welcome and becomes comfortable with our American children. He's definitely going to be a blessing to Stephanie, Tanner, Austin, and Madison, but he will truly be a blessing to us all!

3 comments:

Stacie Crawford said...

Paula - you rock! thanks for posting on Steph's blog page and talking about her's on this one. It will mean so much to her. It's such an interesting life changing experience for us all. I can't get off the computer due to fear that she will post the reunion while I am asleep. It's middle of the day there and they will be reunited today (our tonight). Check back in during the early am hours. She should have something - I hope.

. said...

Paula- thank you so much for posting this! I worked with Stephanie at Dutchtown Primary and before that met them through our adoption agency as we are waiting on our little girl from China. I will be sure to check Stephanie's blog! Thanks again!!

Paula D said...

It is such a pleasure to follow along with the Martinez's adventure!

Amy, I'll say a prayer that your little girl from China will be added to your family quickly. I also noticed that you enjoy scrapbooking; so do I!