Thursday, March 13, 2008

Nice New Orleans


Traveling to Tulane University in New Orleans today was a treat. The weather was absolutely beautiful. While driving around St. Charles Ave looking for a legal parking space, I enjoyed the sites and sounds of the area through my car windows. It was absolutely beautiful... directly across the street from the university is the Audubon Park. The huge, ancient oak trees bowed at the entrance letting the sun's light flicker through the budding spring leaves. A gentle wind blew the leaves that were scattered along the sidewalk up and onto my car. The occasional beeping horn reminded me that I was here to do my job, not enjoy a "vacation". As I found a spot to park along the curb, I noticed the high volume of bicyclists, walkers, and joggers. Why not? If I lived and worked in such surroundings, I would never drive my car either. If I tired, I could always hop on the street car!

No comments: