Thursday, April 16, 2009

DOE's Biggest Loser Contest

Well the Department of Education's Biggest Loser Contest is over. Out of 25 participants, I came in 5th place. I know that's great and all, but only 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place contestants won the cash! That's ok... I'm definitely a winner with a personal weight loss total of 32 pounds since January 5th. In celebration of the contest ending, we had a party. The biggest "loser" was one of my sweetest coworkers, Edeltress (see her below... she was contestant #8... we were all identified by a contestant number throughout the contest, so no one knew who actually was in the lead). A big shout out to Latikka (pictured with me below) for motivating the group while also being a participant. I guess if I couldn't win, it's good to know that someone as nice as Edeltress won... she deserved it anyway... I think she lost 40 pounds! Her weight loss method was to work out 2 to 2 & 1/2 hours each day. She ran track and climbed stadium stairs. I may have to include a little of that into my work out just to switch it up! Way to go Edeltress!!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Paula, Just wanted to say how AWESOME you look!! You look so young and rested!!! Keep up the great work!!! Mel