Wednesday, July 22, 2009

First Lady of Louisiana

I had the pleasure of participating/working at the Educator's Excellence Symposium at the Crowne Plaza Friday & Friday night. At the event, I met some of the most fabulous educators! Teachers-of-the-Year were honored... one even won a Mercedes-Benz! It was great. Throughout the day speakers & panelists shared information. One of the distinguished guests was Supriya Jindal, Bobby Jindal's wife, AKA First Lady of Louisiana. She was well-spoken & represented her hubby well. Did you know she's a chemical engineer & worked in a chemical plant before her husband entered politics?!? She entertained a few questions & photos. Here I am with Mrs. Jindal & my coworker/friend Barbara. After running in & out of the rain earlier in the day, I was reluctant to get too close... perhaps I have "personal space" issues?!? Oh well, how many days do you get to have your photo taken with a political celebrity (at least here in Louisiana)?

1 comment:

Melanie said...

How cool! What a cool honor, I hear she is a really neat person!!!